Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Champs drastically need to be reevaluated

Quote Originally Posted by jstar204 View Post
    i have these gear and dont even like using them because of the devide they make between player and spender, i now defend mainly with no champs to give none spenders and avrage spenders a fair game. the gear shouldnt be pulled but should deffinitly be re-balenced. if not this, you should cap the troop bonuses they give? just a thought.
    I especially like the idea of capping troop bonuses. As it stands now, if you can't beat my champ, you can't attack my city while I'm away, period -- if you do, your range is debuffed so far that my tower and x-bows outrange you and your CS is debuffed so far your troops stand still while the majority of the wave gets killed. It shouldn't be impossible for someone to attack you ever, it should just be difficult if you know what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by str8cougar View Post
    I especially like the idea of capping troop bonuses. As it stands now, if you can't beat my champ, you can't attack my city while I'm away, period -- if you do, your range is debuffed so far that my tower and x-bows outrange you and your CS is debuffed so far your troops stand still while the majority of the wave gets killed. It shouldn't be impossible for someone to attack you ever, it should just be difficult if you know what you're doing.
    Challenge accepted. Domain and game name??
    We are free to choose our paths, but we can't choose the consequences that come with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Solar Flair View Post
    Challenge accepted. Domain and game name??
    Responded via private message. Don't think I'm in a domain with you where I have the proper champ setup, though.

Good Luch with this

It's all about the money. If people are spending to get their chump up to grade then the little peeps will continue to fade away. The game is just making a last minute cash grab. This game has run it's course I do believe. I can't even get a Redoubt 3 and I have everything but the 3. It doesn't help my defense by not having. I would actually buy it if I could. But they are too stupid to realize that. Wonderhill is just Kabscam II.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertman View Post
    It's all about the money. If people are spending to get their chump up to grade then the little peeps will continue to fade away. The game is just making a last minute cash grab. This game has run it's course I do believe. I can't even get a Redoubt 3 and I have everything but the 3. It doesn't help my defense by not having. I would actually buy it if I could. But they are too stupid to realize that. Wonderhill is just Kabscam II.
    ... reboubt +3 dropped during the last merlin goes Wild ... e few days ago ...

no more comment need
    The wise woman said
    ''Once you're hardened in battle, there's no coming back''

you know I hate to be someone the rest are going to hate but currently in 466 I have one of the champs your talking about....I spent most of the last month each pay day trying to buff it as much as I could just to have some kind of chance against the biggest spenders at least for awhile...as I cant keep up with those who can afford more than my 20 bucks a pay day......currently at the moment especially after adding the new hat yesterday.....most of the best players in my domain will not fight me now....the only ones that will are those who are the biggest spenders and have all the main champ items up to 29's already there and see they can beat my champ......most of those who are still trying to get 28's and have not even thought of 29's yet have no chance against me....especially because I simply sit my main fight city right beside my alliance HQ...keeping me in aura for certain...and I keep the champ buff and enemy champ debuff active in temple....because my champ pretty much is a guarentee to win the champ battle against all but about 3% of players in my domain...I simply post in global spam my cords and defending all attackers....at first this instantly attracted much battlle which I loved....but players will not keep attacking once they see they have no chance.....its all about troop stats and getting them up higher....not just champ but Tr as well as what troops you sac and so on...but the fact is....no one using range has a chance against me and the range by champ debuffs along with the preset I simply leave in place that has roughly 19k range and 5k range debuff.....and when they send horsed attacks....I have a preset I can switch to that I love that eats horsed troops alive with nothing ore than my towers due to crafting a Tower and horsed stat debuff Tr for this......my point in posting is I do understand these players concerns because I now cant get anyone much to battle me more than maybe sending one wave....making the game boring in a way....because I hate farming.....but I understand concerns here by others because most of the last several years I have been one who was always struggling to play catch up to the richer players in the game....and I will be again also once they release more of the light bringer set and the richest players in my domain all have it the day after while I cant afford to spend but my 20 a week. Something does need to be done about the massive affect a champ has now....I can kill many strong players with nothing more than what is my peacetime tr actually due to the affect my champ has on their troops attacking.....it involves no effort at all on my part no strategy no thinking no luck just easy slaughter due to my champ winning.....plus most players seem intent to come with only range and not think like us veterans....if you cant beat a champ or even damage it that is debuffing lots of range then why would you attack using only high range.....too many of the newer players who have not been around for years seem to forget or dont know that Defense beats range...defense and attack debuff.....some kind of cap does need to be placed on champs....we have caps on Tr that I also see most players dont understand...they dont realize that regardless of how high you get stats in a Tr your troops actually have their base stats that your trying to get......newer players dont fully understand how the game is set up originally....so yes there is a big advantage to those who can afford to spend until they get all 29's ...there is also a big advantage to the veteran players on the ext teir under the big spenders who know and understand how to think and what beats what at a moments notice....you have to make adjustmenst to have success depending on who you are fighting....but it is easy for the richest players I am seeing while I am enjoying my lucky buffed champ for right now....lucky due to the items drops I got when I could afford to play.....you see no one but the biggest spenders has a chance right now against my champ so there is so unlevel a playing field no one will seriously battle me now but players that see they can beat my champ....all those talking above on this thread are correct....it has also caused many in my alliance who used to be fighters to all but stop fighting at all waiting on that one more steelhoof ring or the lightbringer medal they need because they already seen without them all...they have no chance killing anything but fighting players too weak for them anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Penndragon98 View Post
    There are currently 3 major styles of champs that are in use by the high level players. As all the recent unique sets have focused so heavily on Dexterity buff/debuff, we are dangerously close to a Dex stall pretty much ruining champs for now unless things are reevaluated (such as how armor works).

With straight 28's, style 1 has the following stats:
    Champion Stats
    Damage 14411.12
    Bonus Damage 0
    Armor 1394.78
    Strength 4856.76
    Dexterity 14928.12
    Health 47508.96
    Hit Chance 4
    Crit Chance 233.05
    Block 3
    Champion Armor Debuff -788.74
    Champion Dexterity Debuff -15344.99
    Champion Health Debuff -6572.8
    Champion Block Debuff -208
    Inc. Bonus to Steelhoof's 58%

Style 2 has the following stats:
    Champion Stats
    Damage 12331.12
    Bonus Damage 0
    Armor 2183.51
    Strength 5942.52
    Dexterity 16013.88
    Health 47508.96
    Hit Chance 4
    Crit Chance 233.05
    Block 3
    Champion Base Damage Debuff -2957.76
    Champion Armor Debuff -788.74
    Champion Dexterity Debuff -13472.99
    Champion Health Debuff -6572.8
    Inc. Bonus to Steelhoof's 58%

Style 3 has the following stats (Only level 27 with level 28 steelhoof shield):
    Champion Stats
    Damage 9538.56
    Bonus Damage 0
    Armor 565.72
    Strength 900
    Dexterity 27
    Health 33583.2
    Hit Chance 4
    Crit Chance 521.48
    Block 2098.2
    Champion Base Damage Debuff -2595.84
    Champion Strength Debuff -3244.8
    Champion Dexterity Debuff -6052.8
    Inc. Bonus to Steelhoof's 56%

1 beats 2, 2 beats 3, 3 beats 1. Rinse and repeat with the defender's champ winning every time because they can switch champs once they've seen what the other person is sending. Swayed way too hard in favor of the defender with this iteration of champs, and it makes it nearly impossible for attackers to actually do much, if anything at all, when going against someone with a +28 champ as well.

Please, take a moment to reevaluate how champ battles are calculated so that it does not get to the point where champs are 100% unique and if you're missing a single card, you don't have a chance. We are basically there, but we need to fix this before it goes too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Stetsonman View Post
    you know I hate to be someone the rest are going to hate but currently in 466 I have one of the champs your talking about....I spent most of the last month each pay day trying to buff it as much as I could just to have some kind of chance against the biggest spenders at least for awhile...as I cant keep up with those who can afford more than my 20 bucks a pay day......currently at the moment especially after adding the new hat yesterday.....most of the best players in my domain will not fight me now....the only ones that will are those who are the biggest spenders and have all the main champ items up to 29's already there and see they can beat my champ......most of those who are still trying to get 28's and have not even thought of 29's yet have no chance against me....especially because I simply sit my main fight city right beside my alliance HQ...keeping me in aura for certain...and I keep the champ buff and enemy champ debuff active in temple....because my champ pretty much is a guarentee to win the champ battle against all but about 3% of players in my domain...I simply post in global spam my cords and defending all attackers....at first this instantly attracted much battlle which I loved....but players will not keep attacking once they see they have no chance.....its all about troop stats and getting them up higher....not just champ but Tr as well as what troops you sac and so on...but the fact is....no one using range has a chance against me and the range by champ debuffs along with the preset I simply leave in place that has roughly 19k range and 5k range debuff.....and when they send horsed attacks....I have a preset I can switch to that I love that eats horsed troops alive with nothing ore than my towers due to crafting a Tower and horsed stat debuff Tr for this......my point in posting is I do understand these players concerns because I now cant get anyone much to battle me more than maybe sending one wave....making the game boring in a way....because I hate farming.....but I understand concerns here by others because most of the last several years I have been one who was always struggling to play catch up to the richer players in the game....and I will be again also once they release more of the light bringer set and the richest players in my domain all have it the day after while I cant afford to spend but my 20 a week. Something does need to be done about the massive affect a champ has now....I can kill many strong players with nothing more than what is my peacetime tr actually due to the affect my champ has on their troops attacking.....it involves no effort at all on my part no strategy no thinking no luck just easy slaughter due to my champ winning.....plus most players seem intent to come with only range and not think like us veterans....if you cant beat a champ or even damage it that is debuffing lots of range then why would you attack using only high range.....too many of the newer players who have not been around for years seem to forget or dont know that Defense beats range...defense and attack debuff.....some kind of cap does need to be placed on champs....we have caps on Tr that I also see most players dont understand...they dont realize that regardless of how high you get stats in a Tr your troops actually have their base stats that your trying to get......newer players dont fully understand how the game is set up originally....so yes there is a big advantage to those who can afford to spend until they get all 29's ...there is also a big advantage to the veteran players on the ext teir under the big spenders who know and understand how to think and what beats what at a moments notice....you have to make adjustmenst to have success depending on who you are fighting....but it is easy for the richest players I am seeing while I am enjoying my lucky buffed champ for right now....lucky due to the items drops I got when I could afford to play.....you see no one but the biggest spenders has a chance right now against my champ so there is so unlevel a playing field no one will seriously battle me now but players that see they can beat my champ....all those talking above on this thread are correct....it has also caused many in my alliance who used to be fighters to all but stop fighting at all waiting on that one more steelhoof ring or the lightbringer medal they need because they already seen without them all...they have no chance killing anything but fighting players too weak for them anyway

right

right also nobody fight with horse troops. because can they really win? with defense? try it !

month before i read in forum here the same. the champ makes this game unfair.

i also have no money so I dont play now. I will watch the game until end of this year and if rock you dont chance anything to make this game fair for all. i must quit.

we all have wait years for merger. no merger comes and this game is for the most player unplayable becaues they have no chance to win a fight.

not how in the beginning attack beats defense - range beats attack and defense - range

forget it.

i really missing the times without champ.

and sad why nobody from game team understand this problem what 90% the player with the champ have.

There has recently been a merge undertaken.

As for the Champs, the Team have been made aware of Players views and concerns regarding the same.
    "The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves."

Customer Support
    Forum Rules of Conduct
    Frequently asked questions
    How to take a screenshot
    How to clear your cache

Horsed troops kill high range all the time.....and I see it all the time...I use nothing more than HC and scouts and send at many players who have nothing but range....I can go with a preset of 20k horsed attack and 17k horsed defense and tons of horsed combat speed all of which no one ever debuffs....and about 40k attack debuff......you see all you need to get max defense on base troop stats is 5k defense....but most players will debuff that if its all you have....dont use defense use items loaded with Horsed specific stats....also...I like to use a preset that has 68k defense and 42k attack debuff.......another I use has 16k range debuff and about 10k horsed defense...all these will work against many many good players using horsed troops......not sure what domain you pay in but in 466....I play in the second ranked currently alliance in domain....Devil Rejects....we have loads of veteran players all of whom have presets like I mentioned above all of whom have success against range with them....and use them often....nothing more I love than sending 200 HC and 100 scouts and 1 seige wall....sac the HC and the 1 seige....I loose the easy to replace scouts often but the Hc destroy flamers so on all the time using presets I mentioned above.....you need to learn how much defense you need to beat the amount of range your facing....and also....you need to make sure your beating their attack with debuff......and if your fighting players like myself....I always add all the ranged attack I can get instead of regular attack with my range presets....so you gotta watch that...its why as they used to say scout before you attack to see what your up against....also look at reports....make adjustments......unless their champ is debuffing a lot of CS or defense ....and beating you....then you can beat range without winning champ battle more than you realize...it happens and I see it daily....my chancy hardly ever uses anything but HC and Hussars....they know what he is coming with....his champ looses to the best players but he wins the battles more than not and racks up a bear every week
    Quote Originally Posted by Yueksel View Post
    right

right also nobody fight with horse troops. because can they really win? with defense? try it !

month before i read in forum here the same. the champ makes this game unfair.

i also have no money so I dont play now. I will watch the game until end of this year and if rock you dont chance anything to make this game fair for all. i must quit.

we all have wait years for merger. no merger comes and this game is for the most player unplayable becaues they have no chance to win a fight.

not how in the beginning attack beats defense - range beats attack and defense - range

forget it.

i really missing the times without champ.

and sad why nobody from game team understand this problem what 90% the player with the champ have.

keep your eye on the noble events which tend to have older items in them....but also keep your eye on changes in the soul stone crafting as they have redoubt pieces in them and change them at times.....it will also probably not be long before DF's are update and will include older items possibly such as redoubt 3.....and last watch prizes offered in chest for sell in shop and in nomad and merc events....they often will have older items.....Its really a matter of luck....I know players looking for specific tower pieces where they for what ever reason never had one fall when playing games in past...it happens just as much as some players have a hard time getting specific uniques to drop they are looking for.....hang in there.....you will get one sooner or later
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertman View Post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12