Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost of animals and time limited editions

Unhappy Cost of animals and time limited editions

I have been playing zoo world for a long time, and I am at level 214 with nearly 600 species. My general issue is that despite getting $1m a day from each of my zoomates, and plenty plenty of money in other avenues such as kiosks, I cannot keep up with the increasing costs of breeding and purchasing animals. The breeding costs are now $10m per animal, new animals are $20m each, and maintenance managers etc are nearly $4m.
    I have to leave breeding nests idle because I cannot afford to breed with zoo dollars. Crazy as this sounds, I have actually started breeding the ultra rares because I have accrued plenty of WLPs and have no cash! I feel like the formula for increasing the prices is out of whack somehow. Not until I reached 200 did I start to really feel the pain.

My specific issue is that the new animals come out under a limited time to purchase. I can barely get enough money to purchase a pair a day, and that's only if I don't use zoo dollars for breeding. So could we please have more time to purchase? There were 6 Egyptian themed animals which I did get; but then there are 7 Indian animals which followed closely in time to the Egyptian ones, and I'm struggling to get them all, let alone to get them in 7 days. I have always been able to buy what I want before, but now I have to make the choice of breeding versus getting new animals. I have to have $40M accrued to purchase a pair, but in reality it's closer to $45 as I need to keep my zoo happy and purchase the maintenance managers etc at the same time.

I'm broke in my real world. I really don't need to feel broke playing a game. Please please give more time for the new animals, and please look at the formula for increasing the prices, especially after level 200.

Hi Lucy - just a couple of tips for getting more money while you wait for the RockYou Team to respond to your message:
    1. Sell back your Mission animals. Most of these can be sold back for around $5000 each by going to your storage and dragging the animal from your zoo over the cash register. It will ask you how many you want to sell so you decide. As well as getting cash back for the animal, you will also be reducing the amount of animals you have in your zoo over all, so if you sell lots of them you won't need to hire another maintenace manager for quite some time.
    2. Don't forget to upgrade your topiaries/statues/trees/mushrooms - each upgraded item shakes for 4 time the value of its original form (even though you only need 3 of them to upgrade).
    Hope this helps

Hi Andie,

Thank you much about your suggestions. I didn't realize I could sell back all those mission animals, although in truth I don't have a lot because I got bored pretty quickly with the missions and simply helped everyone else.
    I do have all my collectibles upgraded though.
    I'll see if selling the mission animals gets enough cash. Hmmm, at $5000 each, I need to sell 4000 of them to buy one $20M animal. Nope, that's not going to work, but at least in future I won't need to be buying the maintenance managers and those are near $4M each, so that's where the payback is for sure.

Thanks again for your ideas

Send me a F/R in zoo 1 and I can help you with some of your issues. I was there once myself. Whenever I was helped I payed it forward and continue to do so.As your zoo grows in size and you levels increase things tend to get a bit pricey. I am at level 346 and learned a few things along the way that I will gladly share with you.

Agree. Especially the very closely released FC and WLP animals have caused us flat broke!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Dodman View Post
    Send me a F/R in zoo 1 and I can help you with some of your issues. I was there once myself. Whenever I was helped I payed it forward and continue to do so.As your zoo grows in size and you levels increase things tend to get a bit pricey. I am at level 346 and learned a few things along the way that I will gladly share with you.
    i have 1095 species in my zoo. Lots of sweat and hard work.

dennis, i was thinking the same way. if u get the friend request bring her home with u, so we can help her out

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Chiu View Post
    Agree. Especially the very closely released FC and WLP animals have caused us flat broke!!
    Definitely right. Zoo World is now becoming too commercial and not a player-friendly game any more. Half of my original zoomates have quitted the game because of this. I think the zoo developers and their sponsors must be well aware of this deteriorating situation already. It is something like "To kill the goose that laid the golden eggs"!

Hello everyone,

I have suggested to the developers to keep the cost of items, breeding and managers down. In the meantime, you can also gift away animals so breeding and cage upgrades aren't as expensive. This will also help you with maintenance managers. Thank you for all your feedback and willingness to help one another, it's great to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Zura E Po View Post
    Definitely right. Zoo World is now becoming too commercial and not a player-friendly game any more. Half of my original zoomates have quitted the game because of this. I think the zoo developers and their sponsors must be well aware of this deteriorating situation already. It is something like "To kill the goose that laid the golden eggs"!
    Very true comment. I also found that many of my zoomates have been gradually fading out from this game in the past months. I would suggest the zoo developers should reduce the release frequencies and prices of those limited-time FC and WLP animals. Listen; the higher pressures imposing on the game players, the greater rebounds will be resulted. They will simply drop the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast