Thread: Troubleshooting Guide

Exclamation Troubleshooting Guide

Application Troubleshooting Guide

Please be aware that there are sometimes momentary maintenance periods in which you may not be able to access the app for up to a few hours. This guide is for when you are having systematic and constant problems accessing the application.

If you for some reason you cannot load the app, please take the following steps to resolve the issue. Instructions and links can be found below.

1. Clear your browser cache/temporary internet files before trying to log in again. Most web browsers store temporary copies of game files on your computer. Sometimes these files need to be manually deleted in order for the game to function properly. Clearing the cache/temporary internet files frequently solves many loading problems with the game. Below are a number of guides for the most common web browsers.

Select Your Browser
    - Firefox
    - Internet Explorer 7 and 8
    *Please note Facebook doesn't support I.E. 6.0 - please upgrade
    - Chrome
    - Safari

2. Update Flash and Java to the latest version. Download and install the latest version of both programs. Flash and Java are important to the core functionality of many websites and games. Keeping them up to date is very important for the best gaming experience.

3. Click Clear Flash Cache to clear Flash cache - delete all sites

4. Click HERE to check Flash.

Click HERE to check Java.

5. Make sure your Firewall is not blocking connectivity. Each copy of Windows XP and Vista come with a built in software firewall. Sometimes these firewalls can interfere with the connection to the game. In many cases adding your browser as an exception to the approved programs and services will solve connectivity issues.

In other cases you may have to reset your software firewall to the factory defaults.

Also keep in mind that most routers also function as firewalls. If this is the case you may want to even consider disabling your software firewall. Lastly, please check your Antivirus Suite. You may not realize it, but you may also have a firewall installed there, in addition to your Windows Firewall and router. Many people unintentionally double or triple firewall their computers, which can unfortunately result in a loss of connectivity to the game servers.

Windows XP
    Windows Vista

6. Make sure your operating system files are up to date.
    Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Mac OSX

tiffanymarierice
    I love this game, but after the last update it will no longer let me connect to Facebook. I also tried going to the link for support (in the general discussions forum) and it does not allow me to connect to Facebook in order to report this problem. Trying to find an answer to this issue has been very difficult and frustrating. If I cannot connect to Facebook, I cannot continue in the game. It will be very disappointing, but I will have no choice but to delete the game. Thank you!

Helen Hancock-Kean
    I'm on level 105 which is to get 6 - x3 tiles, but it isn't registering them.

Dawn Brown

Unhappy

Same here. I can't even load my game in my iPhone because it can't connect to Facebook. It started me over completely as a guest

Is there a solution for this?
    Last edited by Dawn Brown; 06-28-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Forgot to add a question

Kim Larocque
    Where are all the gifts?

tiffanymarierice

Can't Purchase Gold

Glad to see that it is now connecting to Facebook! But it also won't let me purchase any gold. When I try it says "Please turn off Airplane Mode or connect to Wi-Fi to continue." I know my this is not truly the problem because the game connects to Facebook and I can do other things online. I would like to purchase some gold so I can get some tools to help me pass the current level I am on. Thank you!

Connie Schmidt
    I cannot get past the opening where I am asked if I remember how to form words....the work is "letter" I have clicked on each letter to no avail...I am stuck and ther game will not open...this has been going on for a week. Looks like I will have to find another word game that works!!!