Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 08/14/2014 - Gardens of Time iPhone/iPad Site is Live!

Hello Everyone!

For those of you who have accepted the TOS, and see your garden reset. Please contact Gardens of Time Mobile Support and create a ticket with Subject: Accepted TOS, game not restored.

http://gardensoftimemobile.rockyou.com/Support/

The team will escalate your report.

Thanks in advance!
    Pebbles
    Last edited by Pebbles; 08-20-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Nicola Jarvis
    i play GOT on my laptop on Facebook and i have GOT playing on my iOS mobile device. i accepted the terms on my laptop. i bought my ipad mini after the merge of Playdom and Rockyou. i have not been asked to accept TOS on my mobile device. i wanted to play on my mobile device. when i play on my mobile device i have the option of adding my facebook friends and i want to know if i do this, will it set my existing Facebook game to zero or use my existing Facebook friends and allow me to play on the mobile device. i paid for the app in order to play GOT but i dont want to start over at the beginning. that would be a waste of 3 years of playing and all that i have managed to attain in that time.

It is very disappointing to hear that only those player who have accepted TOS, and then lost their game, might be able to get their game back. What about those who have been unable to load their games for months, and weren't able to give consent, but desperately wanted to. I'm one of those players - lost access to my game in October 2013. The fact that Playdom knew about this and did nothing.... Shame on them. The fact that you took over the game and either didn't know about this problem, or you did know, but did nothing to help those players....Double Shame on you. I submitted my ticket to you concerning this issue almost 8 weeks ago, and all I've received is the canned response. I have asked twice now for an update, and the silence is deafening. Which speaks volumes as to how you treat long time players of this game.
    Last edited by Snoopy; 08-27-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola Jarvis View Post
    i play GOT on my laptop on Facebook and i have GOT playing on my iOS mobile device. i accepted the terms on my laptop. i bought my ipad mini after the merge of Playdom and Rockyou. i have not been asked to accept TOS on my mobile device. i wanted to play on my mobile device. when i play on my mobile device i have the option of adding my facebook friends and i want to know if i do this, will it set my existing Facebook game to zero or use my existing Facebook friends and allow me to play on the mobile device. i paid for the app in order to play GOT but i dont want to start over at the beginning. that would be a waste of 3 years of playing and all that i have managed to attain in that time.
    Facebook and mobile versions are completely separate games.....there is absolutely no way to connect or cross the two. If you want to play an existing mobile game on a different/new device, then you would need to sync your original garden to a Facebook account (doing so has no connection to any Facebook game). Just install the app on the new device, play through the tutorial, navigate to social page, log in to Facebook (through the game), enter Facebook account info. You will be notified of an existing garden and asked if you want to load it. Tapping yes will force close the app and upon reopening the app you should see your original garden as you last left it on your original device.

Installing GoT on a new device should not need any consent. The consent is only needed to transfer your info from Playdom to RockYou.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    For those of you who have accepted the TOS, and see your garden reset. Please contact Gardens of Time Mobile Support and create a ticket with Subject: Accepted TOS, game not restored.
    ...And those who did not accept the TOS because your consent update was broken? Should we just slink away and accept our bad luck? How about a second chance at consenting?

In what may be an unprecedented business strategy, RockYou seems to be trying to weed out their best customers.

Hello Everyone!

Thanks in advance!
    Pebbles
    Hi Pebbles,

I submitted my request to Rock You in June with similar subject header and I am still waiting for a response.
    INACTIVE GoT playID: Arabella05 (lost my garden due to accepting the Rock You transition. Sorry , now I am unable to play and accept requests.)
    INACTIVE GoT garden name: (weekly symbol) Arabella

http://gardensoftimemobile.wikia.com...me_Mobile_Wiki
    http://bit.ly/gotmo

Hello Everyone!

Thanks in advance!
    Pebbles
    Please forgive my tone but we have been trying to communicate with you and Playdom for four months (ever since the transition announcement went public on 4/18/14). Those communications have fallen on deaf ears. We all submitted tickets to Playdom which they sat on and then immediately closed without being addressed right after they transitioned to you and told us to submit tickets to you. We all immediate submitted tickets to you for the issues resulting from the transition and prior issues. Now you are telling us to submit again and put a specific topic in the subject.

This tells me that you have not nor have any plans to even read the tickets that were submitted several weeks ago. I didn't think anyone could demonstrate worse customer service than Playdom. I have been proved wrong.

It is time you stop hiding behind the transition and provide an update on the true state of affairs for Gardens of Time mobile. I for one am losing interest in waiting and have moved onto other more enjoyable games that are actually playable and don't crash on me 60 seconds after opening.

Your loyal fan base is dwindling along with your potential revenue.

Thanks all for your feedback and suggestions.

I will be sure to update you all once I have more information. Please continue to write in to us and the team will escalate any issues reported to the team.

We appreciate your help!
    Pebbles

Thanks all for your feedback and suggestions.

I will be sure to update you all once I have more information. Please continue to write in to us and the team will escalate any issues reported to the team.

We appreciate your help!
    Pebbles
    Hi Pebbles, not sure that you and Rock You have convinced me of the above. How will the RY team "escalate" any issues, when they have not even read and/or responded to tickets since June? Sorry - but it appears to be just the opposite.
    INACTIVE GoT playID: Arabella05 (lost my garden due to accepting the Rock You transition. Sorry , now I am unable to play and accept requests.)
    INACTIVE GoT garden name: (weekly symbol) Arabella

http://gardensoftimemobile.wikia.com...me_Mobile_Wiki
    http://bit.ly/gotmo

I realize the player base for mGoT is less than the FB version, but we are a dedicated bunch and take our gaming seriously. Just look at the pages and pages of comments in the announcement section!

RY took over from playdom back in the spring and while we are happy our game wasn't discontinued at this point it might as well have been.

We were given ONE week to accept the TOS for the transition. Many were already suffering from the " could not contact servers" error and so were not able to consent. For those of us that were, many lost all their neighbours or had their high level games reset to level 1. I spent real $$ on this game, no way I will start over from level 1; I've filed a ticket etc., but RY hasn't even indicated that if games remain unrecoverable we'll be compensated (with gold) for having to start over.

It feels like communication with support goes into a black hole. It's frustrating and many are upset.

This forum could be a place where consistent updates are given but it's not. We're just told "yes, there are problems, we're working on it". What are the problems? Why did it happen? What is the time frame? How are you trying to solve the issues? Just be honest and communicate with us.

Support could send me a reply back with "yes Tory, we are aware of the problem you're experiencing and we are working hard to resolve this issue. Please bear with us but we've encountered unforeseen issues with the game migration. In the meantime, here's 300 gold, to spend on your new garden until we can get you access back to your old one".

^^at least this would make your customers feel like they are being heard, I'd know my ticket didn't get sucked into a support vortex, and it would at least encourage me to continue playing your game. Because at this point I'm not. I'm playing other games, other games that are not RY because I no longer have faith in your ability to deal honestly with your customers.

*i created a new thread with this content but as it appears new threads have to be moderated I'm not confident in it showing up anytime soon so I'm replying to this thread with my original post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast