Thread: Turn off ads

Judi Copeland

Turn off ads

I get that this is a commercial enterprise and you do things to generate money. The frustration from the player end is when one of these commercials interfere with the game causing a loss of energy. It is most frustrating when it appears during a timed mission.

What I would suggest is an option to buy out ad-free play for like a week or a month.

I agree with you Juie. I am considering stopping the game altogether because the ads are popping up in the middle of levels and before my game even loads all the way. I played this for a long time and then quit playing once before because it was causing my screen to freeze. Now the ads are popping up and my screen is starting to freeze again.

Hi Kelly and Jodi,

Sorry for the delayed response to your suggestion. However, I am happy to be responding with an answer that we now have officially created an option for players to see no in-game ads for a month. This can be accessed by becoming a member to the Keeper's Society new player rewards program. The feature has three different tiers, and each have the benefit of getting no ads in your game, and some have a variety of other awesome benefits. However, there is one specifically that only offers no Ads for a very low cost per month. Check it out, by clicking on the red invitation (envelope) in the upper left corner of your game map today.

I completely understand your frustration with the Ads appearing in the game, but do know that the Ads are implemented in order for us to keep the game free as an option, just like many other free Facebook and social games. You can always skip the Ads by clicking the skip button on the Ad which look like >>| along the bottom of the Ad. Hopefully, you can benefit from the all new Keeper's Society player rewards program feature and play Words of Wonder Ad Free today. With that being said, the Ads should not be freezing your game. If they are, perhaps you may be running on an outdated web browser or carrying cache, etc. If the problem continues please do reach out to the Support team so they can investigate it further for you. Here is the link to the support site- http://wordsofwonder.rockyou.com/Support/.

Thanks for playing, and I hope this helps!

Thanks

Shelly Rose
    Community Manager- Words of Wonder

I agree with this. Why suddenly ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    I completely understand your frustration with the Ads appearing in the game, but do know that the Ads are implemented in order for us to keep the game free as an option, just like many other free Facebook and social games.
    What about the money brought in from in-game sales of gold coins, etc? I can't imagine this company is going to go under just because you eliminate (or at least reduce) the minimal income from advertising. Based on the sheer number of players, an average number of players who pay a little extra for in-game things, and your obvious small support staff, YOUR ADVERTISING IS AN ANNOYING WAY FOR YOU TO MAKE MILLIONS ON TOP OF THE MILLIONS YOU'RE ALREADY MAKING. Greed, it's a wonderful thing.