Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Doesn't Sync with Facebook

Brandi Kolonich-Smith

Question Mobile Doesn't Sync with Facebook

Why doesn't the mobile (iPad) version sync up with the facebook game? Specifically the messages and gifts? If I go direct to facebook to play, I have a ton of messages/gifts, but they are not there on my iPad game. Is anyone else having this problem, or know why they don't sync up?

I am wondering when will the gifts and staff request will link up with mobile app from Facebook?

Hi Tyie

I talked to a few of our QA guys. One thing to do to double check that everything is good on your side is to go to your device's settings and under Facebook, make sure you're logged in via there, and that it's the same FB account you have synced to Kitchen Scramble. Once it is, log in to Kitchen Scramble, and sync through the game again. Then, switch back over to the settings, and there should be a slider option under facebook to allow the syncing. Make sure it's set to "on". Then close everything, restart the game, and things should be better.

Sorry if that's a bit long winded. I hope it helps you!

iPad didn't sync all data

Mine did not sync totally. My cash on my account is 76 on my Mac but on iPad it is only at 10. None of my inventory transferred either. My progression, coins and tokens are in sync though - why is the cash I purchased not transferred I also have a lot of inventory for all levels in each city and all is at zero in iPad? No friends either

I've been playing the ipad version for a long time, but finally got fed up playing with no friends. I didn't see a way to add any. I finally added friends through FB, but I cannot get the mobile version to sync. I followed the above directions, but I do not get a FB icon in the settings. I receive requests via the FB game, but since I have not played that version it has me at the start of the game, so I can send gifts, but I am not receiving them on the mobile version where I need them. How can I get the FB icon on the mobile version?

Hi Julianna,

if things aren't syncing properly, please go into your ipad's settings, and under facebook, if you see Kitchen Scramble there, click to disable facebook connection, then click to re-enable the link. This should reset the connection and clear up syncing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick RockYou View Post
    Hi Julianna,

if things aren't syncing properly, please go into your ipad's settings, and under facebook, if you see Kitchen Scramble there, click to disable facebook connection, then click to re-enable the link. This should reset the connection and clear up syncing issues.
    Thanks for the reply, but the game is not showing up under FB in settings (other games are there) and I have no FB icon in the game settings. The two are completely unaware of each other. This is the only game that won't work. Any other ideas? I have a support ticket, but it has been a couple days and I keep receiving the same steps as a solution and when I explain these steps don't work (ex. I can't reset anything since the game is not showing up under FB) it takes another day to get the same response. Thanks.

Sure, let me sync up with customer service, and see what's going on in that front. What is the ticket number?

It is ticket 263221. I just now heard from them telling me this 'may' be a bug for some players, where the Age Gate does not pop up when initially installed. They closed the ticket as 'resolved'...really? So, Rockyou is just going to leave some of us hanging?
    The other suggestion is to delete the game (I'm around lvl 250), reinstall it and 'see' if the FB connection will work. Really? Cross my fingers and hope. And, start the game over?
    There has to be a better resolution to this then Rockyou telling me, essentially, too bad you are stuck and cross your fingers and pray you get to start over.

HI Julianna,

Thanks for getting back to me Julianna. I hear you, and I understand your frustrations.

I followed up with Customer Support. The issue is tied to the age gate, but our QA team is still trying to track down what about the age gate is causing it. The age gate is something that fulfills our legal obligation to help protect small children from questionable content online, so unfortunately we are unable to simply disable it in the meantime.

While uninstalling and reinstalling may work, you are correct in that it would certainly not be a good option, as you would lose your progress. (If you were still in Waffleton, it'd be more understandable).

If you're not willing to try to uninstall and reinstall (totally understandable) you may need to wait for us to find the cause of this issue and resolve it. I know it's not ideal. If there's anything else I can do to help you out in the meantime, send me a private message, and I'll do what I can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast