Thread: Welcome to the June 2nd virtual Town Hall Meeting & Conversation!

Welcome to the June 2nd virtual Town Hall Meeting & Conversation!

Welcome Wordies!

It's Shelly Rose here! For the next three hours this is your time to interact with me and give me all your feedback, suggestions, questions, etc that you have for the Words of Wonder game. In order for me to answer each question, please be sure to click the "Quick Reply" option so that everyone can see what is being asked, and to make sure that we get the most out of this time. I will start this meeting off with an introductory statement for you all to then follow up from, and will conclude this meeting with a final reply and closing statement, and will close this thread conversation.

As the Community Manager, I am here for you all and want to hear you all! Please be sure that all questions, suggestions, feedback, etc are all Words of Wonder related and within the rights with the RockYou Forums Rules of Conduct.

The RockYou Forums Rules of Conduct can be found by clicking here: http://bit.ly/1SU2Hyt

This meeting will officially start at 2pm PST!

Hello there Wordies!

I am pleased to start off the first Town Hall meeting and conversation today in the Forums. At this time, I am officially calling this meeting to order.

I look forward to hearing from you all! Please begin with posting a Quick Reply below to this reply to start this Town Hall!

Hello, Shelly. What a wonderful meeting. Late, but here. I have been away for a few days. I noticed there is a new Admin for the WoW complaint Center. I sure wish there were more people joining this meeting today!

Hello Stephanie,

Yes I did see that new admin in the WoW Complaint Center, hopefully that doesn't mean more complaints but glad to have more join that page and let me know of any updates and problems in the game. I hope more will join this meeting as well, as I am here to listen to you all. Thanks for writing in, and for joining this meeting!

-Shelly Rose

May I suggest that the three people that are always on our invite list are people that we do not want to send invitations to ever so please remove or change that feature It is quit irritating to me as well as many others.

Hi Stephanie,

Yes, I completely understand what you are saying. I will certainly pass this feedback onto the product and design team to evaluate for a possible change in the future. In the meantime, unfortunately, just opting out of the feature and/or disregarding those requests is my best advice for you at the moment. I know we are looking into the Stranger Gifting feature as a whole as well. So stay tuned for an update or feedback regarding this suggestion and request.

Oh, drat! So sorry, Shelly. Late for the party as usual....but surprised with all the complaints that players have that more didn't show up. Maybe next time you should give a day's (or more) notice so people would be prepared and have time to reserve the time. This is a wonderful idea, nonetheless. Anyway, thanks always for the effort you put in to helping us in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cara Agosta View Post
    Oh, drat! So sorry, Shelly. Late for the party as usual....but surprised with all the complaints that players have that more didn't show up. Maybe next time you should give a day's (or more) notice so people would be prepared and have time to reserve the time. This is a wonderful idea, nonetheless. Anyway, thanks always for the effort you put in to helping us in the game.
    Nice to see you in Forums Cara

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Jordan View Post
    May I suggest that the three people that are always on our invite list are people that we do not want to send invitations to ever so please remove or change that feature It is quit irritating to me as well as many others.
    I agree, and would like to suggest a selection for Words of Wonder Friends only when sending or receiving requests. It is a chore to sort thru 500+ friends to interact with fellow players. No game has the right to force you to spam your friends list. It just makes you feel even more hounded to direct money to the game. Even when you spend a few dollars on this game there are constant pop ups grifting for more. It is the reason I blocked WOW three times out of anger and disgust. And daily bonus is 1 energy? How incredibly crappy is that?

Gifting

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Newsome View Post
    I agree, and would like to suggest a selection for Words of Wonder Friends only when sending or receiving requests. It is a chore to sort thru 500+ friends to interact with fellow players. No game has the right to force you to spam your friends list. It just makes you feel even more hounded to direct money to the game. Even when you spend a few dollars on this game there are constant pop ups grifting for more. It is the reason I blocked WOW three times out of anger and disgust. And daily bonus is 1 energy? How incredibly crappy is that?
    Hi, Mary. Thanks for your posting a reply. I understand you on those issues all the way. All games have some funky issue with the gifting layout. This one just happens to be one of the worst I have encountered. Friend Hints, the worst! Now they are the Friend Invites and all the more messed up. I just leave those three alone or three more just come back. There is still an Achievement too. Use 100 Friend Hints and get a boost. I forget what I got for completing it? Confusing to players both new and old as to why it is still there. Just a dead achievement in my opinion. Scrolling for 5 +1 moves in your messages every day is time-consuming unless you get a lot of them. I have over, well I have a lot of +1 saved up because I do not use them on every level. Scrolling for diamonds when (not to often) you need them. I sometimes ask for them because you never know when a new quest may become available to non-members. Your messages / gifts are only good for two weeks nowadays so you need to go to the bottom and go up when accepting/sending, (I do not as I have plenty of energy.) A player can have 700 messages at any given time so the need for sending out energy to your allies as gifts is important for them to regenerate. I use the Gifts tab and then Words of Wonder Friends and check send to the active players. I also send from the friends tab in the list of My Allies. The Map, the Level score page and the Profiles. I don't want to confuse you with such an already confusing system, but I myself just open the app from my notifications at the top (the globe) and whoever has accepted my gifts recently I return the favor. It saves from sorting all the time. I am at the end of chapter 63 and now I just find this is what works for me. I would welcome any other helpful hints out there too as I am not an expert by any means. I hope some of this helps you. (^o^)