Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed glitch explained

Styro,
    Tried replying to your pm and got

"Styromaker has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Quote Originally Posted by Ida View Post
    Styro,
    Tried replying to your pm and got

"Styromaker has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
    Hi ida, cleared inbox can you try again

Hi @all,

just one question to this:

the first entry stated for horse

Round location range check
    1 0 100
    2 1000 1100
    3 2000 3100
    4 3000 6100

and well, when the range is set at say 4000.
    is it round 3 or round 4 my horse can first attack?
    so do we start at the location and add the range value in the check, or does in the check only the range is chacked(starting always at location 0)?

quick example:

cats have, say 4000 range, my horse have 100 and 1000, then

round 1:
    the horse do the check at location 0 with range 100 => nothing in range, so moving 1000 forward; range is now 1100

round 2:
    the horse do the check at location 1000 with range 1100(see 2100 agein nothing) => nothing in range, so moving 1000 forward; range is now 3100

round 3:
    the horse do the check at location 2000 with range 3100 => cats range(because 2000+3100 > 4000), so now attacking!

or does round 3 goes like that:

round 3':
    the horse do the check (at location 2000) with range 3100(3100<4000) => nothing in range, so moving forward to location 3000, range now 6100
    [next round 4 will the cats be in range, the one way or the other]

unfortunately all the battles I have are both cases are overlapping so that I cant distinguish them, which one actually is happening

Hey Arthur

The range check values listed are not the new range, they are the distance from position 0 that the range check goes to. Range check is a complex factor made up of range, speed, and location. I would be happy to try and explain any specific battle reports that you have questions on.

With cats having a range of 4000 they will be sitting at position 4000 and your horses will start at position 0. With horses having a speed of 1000 and range of 100. The horses will attack the cats in round 4.

Round 1: Horses at position 0 range check to position 100 nothing in range advance to position 1000.
    Round 2: Horses at position 1000 range check to position 1100 nothing in range advance to position 2000.
    Round 3: (this is the first round the speed glitch appears with horses) Horses at position 2000 range check to position 3100 nothing in range advance to position 3000.
    Round 4: Horses at position 3000 range check to position 6100 cats are in range and attack cats.
    (For fey boosted very high range cats with over 6100 range nothing in range horses will advance to position 4000 and in round 5 range check to position 10100 and attack the cats)

So to put this in context before TR lc would be able to attack cats in round 3. With TR prior to fey this could be extended to 4 rounds. Now with fey alters and briton research it could take as many as 5 rounds for non speed debuffed lc to reach cats. With max accuracy boosts with this high of range 1 mil cats could take out as many as 9 mil lc or almost 15 mil scouts against an inappropriate TR set.
    Just because someone is an "Expert Member" in the forum doesn't mean they know what they are talking about....It just means they're talking.

No longer playing.

ok thanks, so the second one is right, well, better than nothing, first one would be better for me, but ok, i can't change anything neighter.
    now i can calculate a bit preciser. thanks, again

I agree with Kheldar!

Quote Originally Posted by Kheldar View Post
    a bug like this should fixed as a priority. it's a bug - its not a feature. forget the damn mergers and fix the bugs !

the throne room has been added and everyone has to play using it.

if there is a combat/gameplay issue once its fixed then address that properly and in a controlled and thought out manner.
    here it is 2013, and it not only has not been fixed, I doubt it has even been correctly addressed.

It has been adressed correctly, and is on the to-be-fixed list. I have been advocating for this bug to be sorted since I began as a Knight, and understand it's workings completely. Other issues have priority over it but it will be adressed sometime in the near future - the Dev Team are working through all identified issues right now.

While I believe this bug should be fixed, as it distorts combat terribly, especially at higher ranges ....... I am also concerned about how it will tip the balance even further into the high Throne Room players hands .... at the moment high range gets 7 or 8 shots maximum, depending on what troops are defending. If this bug is fixed the higher Throne Room ranged players could get 30 rounds or more of shots in (against footsoldiers) which will do nothing to keep the average joe playing and enjoying KoC.
    [url]https://kabam.secure.force.com/PKB/KbContactUsForm?language=en_US&game=Web&issue=Other_Game_Issues[/url]

Fair and unbiased treatment for ALL citizens of Camelot!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTheKid72 View Post
    It has been adressed correctly, and is on the to-be-fixed list. I have been advocating for this bug to be sorted since I began as a Knight, and understand it's workings completely. Other issues have priority over it but it will be adressed sometime in the near future - the Dev Team are working through all identified issues right now.

While I believe this bug should be fixed, as it distorts combat terribly, especially at higher ranges ....... I am also concerned about how it will tip the balance even further into the high Throne Room players hands .... at the moment high range gets 7 or 8 shots maximum, depending on what troops are defending. If this bug is fixed the higher Throne Room ranged players could get 30 rounds or more of shots in (against footsoldiers) which will do nothing to keep the average joe playing and enjoying KoC.
    Starting with the fix to the crossbow range bug, everything kabam has done has tipped the balance away from the average joe player. With the present power of high defense hc, fixing this bug might help a little, though as you point out, the high throne players will adjust better than lower players.

This is my 3rd try , so i;m gonna make it simple the defending cat is not fire at the HC when it is with in range , it is doing nothing letting the HC come in till it is close enough to attack it before it reacts , which kills cat 2nd round instead of the cat fire at cat when it came within it's range starting the battle and killing HC in 2nd round defending siege or range units are not reacting and letting the cab and infantry get close enough to attack letting them fire first , if the siege fired first setting range and starting battle the the cat kills the HC, that is exactly what's happening , it;s pretty easy to see that , know why and fixing it may not be si easy but that is whats going on,

Quote Originally Posted by donaldb View Post
    This is my 3rd try , so i;m gonna make it simple the defending cat is not fire at the HC when it is with in range , it is doing nothing letting the HC come in till it is close enough to attack it before it reacts , which kills cat 2nd round instead of the cat fire at cat when it came within it's range starting the battle and killing HC in 2nd round defending siege or range units are not reacting and letting the cab and infantry get close enough to attack letting them fire first , if the siege fired first setting range and starting battle the the cat kills the HC, that is exactly what's happening , it;s pretty easy to see that , know why and fixing it may not be si easy but that is whats going on,
    Not following what you are talking about here donald.
    Just because someone is an "Expert Member" in the forum doesn't mean they know what they are talking about....It just means they're talking.

No longer playing.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast